Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of AKUH is embodied in a summary statement which is as follows:
- To provide exemplary care to patients;
- To develop and test innovations in care, education and research;
- To support the teaching and research missions of the Faculty of Health Sciences;
- To contribute to the development of a system of health care encompassing primary, secondary, and tertiary care, and not geographically confined to the existing Hospital facility;
- To provide access for needy patients who may not, on account of financial difficulties, be able to afford normal Hospital charges, and to reach out to those who might not otherwise present themselves at the Hospital;
- To develop new services in response to public expectations as resources permit on an economically viable and sustainable basis; and
- To carry out programmes and assigned missions in a manner that would demonstrate the ability of the institution to attain self-support in a developing nation environment.
"AKUH will be recognised as one of the best health care institutions in Pakistan and the developing world". We will achieve this:
- By providing compassionate, ethical, accessible and high Quality care that meets or exceeds the needs and expectations of our patients, their families and others whom we serve.
- By providing an outstanding work environment that fosters motivation and commitment in our staff.
- By enabling leadership in education and research that improves the health of the people in the region."
As an international institution in achieving its mission, AKUH operates on the core principles of: