- First hospital in Pakistan to be awarded US Joint Commission International accreditation (JCIA) for achieving and maintaining the highest international quality standards in health care.
- First hospital in Pakistan to receive ISO 9001:2008 certification for patient care and support services.
- First hospital in Pakistan to achieve ISO 22000:2005 certification for specialised food safety standards.
- Only hospital to operate a network of over 190 Laboratory Specimens Collection Units across Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Over 7 million clinical laboratory tests performed annually.
- Only hospital in the Province where over 120 patients diagnosed with hearing impairment have received their Cochlear Implant.
- Only hospital in Karachi to have performed over 140 Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) performed by highly skilled oncologists and haematologists with excellent outcomes to date.
- Only hospital in the Province to offer Corrective Heart Surgery for Children and Newborns with Congenital Heart Defects.
- Only hospital in Karachi where a doctor’s appointment can be booked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for clinics at the main hospital and Clifton Medical Services.
- Only hospital in Karachi with a 24-hour Drug and Poison Information Centre providing the most updated information regarding medicines and their use and poison management.
- Valet car parking services with enhanced parking facility for your convenience.
- Shuttle bus service to help you move around the hospital all day from designated pick-up points.
- Laboratory Reports can now be accessed from the comfort of your home. E-reports are now available online. Just log on to www.aku.edu/labreports and receive your reports via email.