- Answers to all queries given by Drug and Poison Information Centre (DPIC) are based on authentic information, obtained from various reference books, journals and electronic databases.
- Electronic databases such as Micromedex and Iowa Drug Information Service (IDIS) are specialised computer programs which contain information in the form of detailed drug monographs, evidence based medicine and related references.
- These require a subscription from their primary vendors in USA and are updated on quarterly and monthly basis respectively.
- For further detailed search, DPIC is equipped with 24-hour Internet access.
- Besides these, DPIC also has a comprehensive collection of official and reference text like British and United States Pharmacopoeia, British National Formulary, American Hospital Formulary Service, Martindale-the Extra Pharmacopoeia, Physician desk Reference and others.