New Sub-specialities Introduced
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Aga Khan University offers comprehensive infertility services at primary, secondary and tertiary level. This includes:
- Counselling and investigation (hormonal assays, ultrasound, laparoscopy, histrosalpingogram etc);
- Surgery (laparoscopic, tubal surgery, myomectomy, etc);
This is a specific service for women with urinary problems and incontinence. It is unique, and is provide by two certified urogynecologists (the only ones in the country). We offer:
- Full Urodynamic evaluation;
- A variety of surgical interventions, pelvic physiotherapy and medical therapies.
The Gynaecological Oncology team in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology provides comprehensive service for screening and management of gynaecological cancers.
Gynaecological cancer screening clinics provide various screening opportunities. For e.g., pap smears (for screening of cancer of cervix) and colposcopy by accredited colposcopist (in case of abnormal smears). Ovarian cancer screening is offered to women at high risk for developing ovarian cancer based on their family history or other high risk factors. We have specialized oncology team trained for cancer surgery and cases are regularly discussed at our tumour board meetings to determine the appropriate treatment options.
Feto Maternal Medicine
Feto Maternal Medicine is a rapidly emerging specialty. This unit offers:
- A comprehensive serving program for chromosomal abnormalities like Down's syndrome. We offer Nuchal translucency scan at 11-14 weeks to assess the risk for Down's syndrome.
- Screening facilities for Preterm delivery, Pre-eclampsia and Fetal growth restriction.
- Specialist marker scan in the second trimester and invasive procedures like amniocentesis and CVS.
For further information, please contact:
Aga Khan University Hospital , Karachi,
P.O. Box 3500, Stadium Road, Karachi-74800, Pakistan.
Consulting Clinic # 4 at 92-21-4861079 / 4861036 or
Obstetric and Gynaecology Department at 92-21-4864641 / 4864642 / 4864647