Instructions for CONFIRMED COVID-19 patients
1) What does CONFIRMED mean?
Confirmed means that you have tested positive for COVID-19.
2) What should you do if you are a CONFIRMED COVID-19 patient?
With mild symptoms:
- You must ISOLATE yourself away from other household members, so you don't infect them.
- Stay in a SEPARATE room away from other family members. If that is not possible, stay at least 1 meter away from others at all times.
- Use a SEPARATE bathroom, towels and eating utensils, so you don't infect others. If using a separate bathroom is not possible, the bathroom must be disinfected after each time you use it.
- The duration of the ISOLATION period is based on your assessment. You should remain under home isolation precautions until the risk of transmission to others is thought to be low. The decision to discontinue isolation is made in consultation with your doctors and varies patient to patient. Follow your doctors' instructions carefully.
With moderate or serious symptoms:
If your symptoms worsen, you may need hospitalization. You should call one of the Helplines and continue with self-isolation. The health support professionals will guide you further.
- Aga Khan University Hospital 24/7 COVID-19 Helpline: 021-111-911-911
- Government COVID-19 Helpline: 1166 or check online for your provincial contact.