Let's Defeat Breast Cancer Together
Husbands, Sons, Brothers and Fathers, support your
Wives, Mothers, Sisters and Daughters in this cause.
Pakistan has the highest incidence of Breast Cancer in Asia. An estimate of 1 in 10 women may develop Breast Cancer in their lifetime.
The Aga Khan University Hospital offers comprehensive Breast Cancer care with a multidisciplinary approach from diagnosis to survivorship, all under one roof.
The prognosis or outcome of Breast Cancer is largely dependent on the stage of disease, i.e., the smaller the tumour, the lesser the procedure/treatment necessary, lesser the cost of treatment and better the outcome and survival. It is very important to understand that early Breast Cancer usually does not cause symptoms and may not be felt on self-exam or even on an exam by a professional.
Screening mammograms help in the early detection of Breast Cancer. Women are advised to get screening mammograms done every year, after the age of 40. If you have a family history of Breast Cancer or other risk factors, your doctor may advise you to get them even sooner.
To read more about Breast Cancer, click.
How to participate and protect your loved ones:
- Take advantage of our Special Offer on Screening Mammograms for only Rs. 2,999. The offer is valid from 1st October to 31st December 2021.
- Avail consultation with our breast surgeons at the Main Campus in Rs. 2500 only. The offer is valid from 1st October to 31st December 2021.
- Get involved in Pink Awareness Fridays by wearing a PINK item of clothing or accessory e.g., pink mask, a pink tie, a shirt, scarf, jewellery or be all dressed in pink every Friday this month. Take pictures of yourself and others, upload them here. The best pictures will be featured on our website and social media platforms. Please read the Consent and Terms and Conditions.
- View our Health Awareness videos and learn more about Breast Cancer so you can educate yourself and your loved ones on the importance of early detection and treatment of breast cancer.
- Tune in to our YouTube LIVE Session from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM on 1st October 2021 and learn about Breast Cancer Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment Options from our expert panellist.
- Don't miss our Live Facebook Session with our panel of experts, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM, on 8th October 2021, on the AKUH Facebook page.