What you eat and drink has a direct impact on your overall health. However, there is so much diet advice in circulation that the truth often gets lost, distorted or obscured, which can make it difficult for you and your family to design and follow a good, nutritious diet.
Aga Khan University, Nairobi’s highly experienced consultant dieticians have the expertise to address your diet-related questions and concerns.
Our objective is to help maintain your good health through healthy eating practices, by:
- Assessing your dietary needs and providing advice accordingly. We can help to address dietary concerns related to conditions including: overweight, underweight, cancer, diabetics, heart disease and HIV.
- Empowering you with the knowledge and skills to understand your dietary requirements for a healthy diet or your modified diet required due to medical conditions.
- Offering you support so that you can adhere to basic principles of good nutrition and lead a healthy life.
- Formulating appropriate liquid diets for people unable to eat food.
- Advising pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers on healthy feeding practices.
Bookings with Dietetic Services can be made:
Inpatients who require dietary intervention are seen regularly, and dietary counselling is given before discharge from the hospital.
Outpatients are seen in the Diet Advisory Clinic on Wednesday afternoons.