International patients’ guide
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUHN) has set the standard for comprehensive healthcare and modern medical education in East Africa.
Our highly qualified staff, advanced facilities and state-of-the-art technologies have earned the hospital great reputation as a leading medical and teaching hospital in the region, and beyond.
Our international patients choose us as their preferred hospital because we provide more than they ask for. We understand how difficult it is to seek care away from your home, we have a team of dedicated Patient Referral Representatives who go the extra mile to arrange for your every need.
The international patients’ desk will coordinate your coming into the hospital for treatment and your travel back home by providing the following services:
- Scheduling clinical appointments.
- Medical visa processing assistance.
- Flight logistics arrangements such as stretcher, oxygen and other special needs
- Arrangements and updating of medical forms including fit to fly.
- Personalized customer care in registration, admission, billing, discharge and post hospitalization follow-ups including drugs delivery.
- Affordable accommodation arrangements for relatives.
- Airport transfers.
- Reliable and safe internet.
- Language interpreters.
- Insurance assistance.
- Change of currency from USD to Kenya shillings.
You may need a medical visa to come to Kenya for treatment. Once we get the detailed medical history we will issue you with a letter to help you get the medical visa.
What you need to do before travelling
- Confirm with your doctor that you are fit to travel.
- Understand fully what procedure/treatment you will receive in our hospital, and the expected follow-up. In some cases, your treatment plan may change after the Doctor meets and examines you in person.
- Passport and visa for yourself and anyone travelling with you. (Citizens of Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Rwanda do not need visa to visit Kenya).
- Medical records like X-Rays, MRI’s, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other health records relevant to your treatment.
- Medical card, credit cards and debit cards where applicable.
The hospital accepts various modes of payment including:
If your insurance policy covers services at AKUHN you can use it to pay for your medical care Remember to carry your medical insurance card with you.
You can deposit money directly into our bank account. The bank details are provided on request. For patients in Kampala and Arusha, payments can be done in local currency to our Diamond Trust Bank account.
The hospital accepts payment in Kenya shillings. There is a bank located within the hospital to facilitate foreign exchange if necessary. Our staff will assist our patients with this process.
Visa card, MasterCard, American Express
With the growing needs of our international patients, AKUHN now receives, accepts and answers enquiries directly via the website and on email. We strive to attend to these queries systematically and provide quick responses and necessary assistance.