Caesarean section delivery package
Services offered under this package include;
- Admission into the general ward for the prescribed period.
- Medication before going to theatre
- The services of the entire theatre team involved in the delivery process (obstetrician, anaesthetist, midwife, and nurses among others).
- Spinal anaesthesia (an injection in the back) is recommended for caesarean section. This is the safest option and also the most preferred. In some circumstances, a general anaesthetic may be recommended. You will have the opportunity to discuss anaesthesia details with the doctor before the procedure. For delivery with spinal anesthesia, your partner is allowed to theatre after signing consent. However, this is not possible for delivery with general anaesthesia.
- Support by our midwife and/or paediatrician caring for the newborn baby.
- Routine medication including painkillers for you.
- Vitamin K medication for your baby.
- Routine vaccinations for your baby. including hepatitis B, Polio and BCG vaccination against tuberculosis.
- Breastfeeding education and support by our lactation manager (or formula feeding in special circumstances).
- Daily post-natal reviews during your admission.
- Bilateral tubal ligation (BTL) (BTL) or insertion of contraceptive coil on request.
- Anti-D medication for Rhesus factor where applicable.
- Insertion of contraceptive copper coil on request.
For enquiries on our comprehensive maternity package, contact us on:
+254 786 101 079/ 0711 092 003 or firstname.lastname@example.org