Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
The Aga Khan University Hospital has a dedicated Heart Centre where experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists manage complex cardiac diseases ably supported by a team of highly competent paramedics & nurses. The Heart Care facility is equipped with an ultra-modern operation theatre, dedicated - “ICU for postoperative care and Rehabilitation Center for post-operative recovery “.
In fact, our cardiac health care program is the best facility in East Africa Region in terms of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of complex cardiac ailments.
The procedures that are commonly performed include: -
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and total arterial revascularization.
- Heart Valve Surgeries for Rheumatic Heart Disease like Single and Double valve replacement & Mitral Valve Repairs.
- Surgery for Aortic Aneurysms & Aortic Dissection.
- Surgery for Congenital Heart Diseases like: - Atrial Septal Defect, Ventricular Septal Defect, Patent Ductus Arteriosus, Tetralogy of Fallot, Ostium primum defects & Shunts for cyanotic Heart diseases.
- Endovascular Stenting for Various Aortic Problems.
Please note other cardiac-related problems we treat are not listed above
Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Contact for appointments
Heart clinic: - +254 (0)20 366 2073
Clinical Co-ordinator: - +254 (0)20 366 1094
Mobile: - +254 780 303 662 (During office hours)