Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
Our ENT Unit offers both routine and emergency consultations for conditions related to ear, nose, throat, head and neck.
These run Monday to Saturday by appointment.
All routine ENT services are offered
Outpatient procedures such as Aural toilet, Naso-pharyngo-laryngoscopy, foreign body removal, nasal cautery amongst others are done
We always have an ENT surgeon on call to attend to emergent or urgent conditions via our A& E department
Our inpatient and surgical services include all routine consultations and both routine and specialized operations in the following areas:
- Otology- e.g. Myringotomy and Grommet insertion, tympanoplasty, stapedotomy and mastoidectomy
- Rhinology- e.g. septoplasty, Endoscopic sinus surgery, adeno-tonsillectomy
- Laryngology- e.g. micro-laryngeal surgery,
- Head and neck surgery- e.g. congenital and acquired head and neck tumours
- Audio logical services are available including hearing tests and hearing aid fitting.
We have three experienced faculty members, one of whom is a head neck surgery sub-specialist, the other two are amongst the 3 surgeons who perform Cochlear Implantation in Kenya.
We also work in collaboration with other AKUH, N departments, such as the Speech therapy under Physiotherapy to ensure that you receive the best in team-based comprehensive care.