My name is Dr. Shahid Shafi, the new CEO of the Aga Khan University Hospitals in Pakistan.
I graduated from the Aga Khan University Medical College in 1988 and completed my surgical residency in the US. After a successful career abroad, I am excited to return to Pakistan.
Throughout my career, my focus has remained on ensuring that the patient comes first. I am committed to working with my AKU colleagues to deliver safe and high quality care to all our patients.
Our promise to you
- We will provide the highest quality of care with strict infection control practices consistent with our international gold standard accreditations from the Joint Commission International and the College of American Pathologists.
- We will ensure expertise in safely treating all patients with all illnesses, including those with COVID-19 and those with non-COVID-19 diseases.
- We will use evidenced based medical technology, protocols and innovations to care for our patients.
Keeping all our patients, attendants and staff safe is our priority. Our staff is appropriately equipped with personal protective equipment. We have also renovated one of our hospital buildings to become a stand-alone COVID-19 hospital, which is separate and physically distanced from all other hospital wards, clinics and other areas. This ensures safety for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients.
Our request to you
During the current pandemic, we request your support in keeping all our patients, attendants and staff safe.
- Please wear a mask as you enter and at all times while at the hospital.
- Please keep physical distance from others at all times.
- Each patient is allowed only one attendant. Visitors are not allowed.
We are committed to the safety of our patients and staff. Your feedback and suggestions are valued and always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at: email@example.com
Dr. Shahid Shafi