The Aga Khan University Hospital is a not-for-profit healthcare institute that offers all medical services to their patients under one roof. In addition to the quaternary care hospital in Karachi, AKUH has a network of 4 secondary care hospitals, over 30+ Medical Centres, and over 290+ Clinical Laboratories, 20+ Pharmacies in over 120+ cities across Pakistan. It also offers Home Healthcare Services and home deliveries of medicines. The Hospital provides Zakat for those patients who are eligible, and the health systems offers generous Patient Welfare to support those in financial need. In recognition of its high quality and patient safety, the AKUH is the accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) as an Academic Medical Centre and its Clinical Laboratories are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) for fast and accurate testing.
Our Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles:
The Aga Khan University Hospital will be recognised as one of the best health care institutions in Pakistan and the developing world.
The Aga Khan University Hospital is a private, not for profit, organization with a mission to:
- Strive for excellence in healthcare through the provision of the highest quality, expert, compassionate and ethical care to all patients irrespective of their background.
- Develop, implement and evaluate innovations in health care, research and education so as to improve the quality of people's health.
- Support the teaching, research and service missions of the University through an enabling and collaborative environment that motivates and inspires excellence.
- Provide access for needy patients who may not, on account of financial difficulties, be able to afford to pay for their care, and to reach out to those who might not otherwise present themselves at the Hospital.
- Contribute to the development of a system of health care encompassing primary, secondary and tertiary care, and not geographically confined to the Main Hospital Campus facility.
- Develop new services in response to public expectations on an economically viable and sustainable basis.
- Implement strategies that demonstrate the ability of the institution to be self-sustaining in and supportive of health systems strengthening for the nation and region that it serves developing nation environment.
The Aga Khan University Hospital operates on the core principles of Quality, Relevance, Impact and Access.
We are a patient-centric institution and strive to provide care that is respectful and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values. We try to ensure that patient values guide all our clinical decisions. Our staff performance is measured against our guiding principles by assessing their Communication, Attitude, Responsiveness, Respect and Care.