The Medical Weight Loss Clinic for Endocrinology Patients, run by the Internal Medicine Service Line, provides services for patients who need to lose weight for better management of chronic and acute diseases such as diabetes, Thyroid Disorders, Adrenal Disorder, Autoimmune disorders, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome etc. These clinics are being run by a team of internationally accredited Endocrinologists and Nutritionists, and offer continued medical evaluations and progress through the weight-loss process.
The following services are offered at the clinics:
- Identification of nutrition status and fitness level
- Medical evaluations for weight related conditions
- Body composition testing (measurement of Resting Metabolic Rate and percentage body fat)
- Metabolic profiling for possible nutrient deficiencies and/or hormonal abilities)
- Dietary Assessment and Weight Loss Plan
- On the spot brief free assessment by Senior Physiotherapist.
Specialized diets by our Nutritionists can be tailored for:
- Patients at high risk including patients with diabetes, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Morbid Obesity with Body Mass Index (BMI) > 40, and the elderly.
- Patients with nutritional deficiencies, metabolic diseases and medical conditions due to chronic or acute disease states.
If you are overweight and need to lose weight for better disease management, consult our Endocrinologist and Nutritionist team at our Diabetic Weight Loss Clinic, located at 1st Floor, Nazarali Walji Building, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Stadium Road Campus. For appointments, call, 021-111-911-911.