Obesity is a complex metabolic disease that occurs due to our genetic makeup and environmental causes.
The Endocrinology Weight Loss Clinic for people living with Overweight or Obesity provides services to lose weight for prevention and management of chronic complications such as diabetes, high blood pressure, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, heart disease, fatty liver disease, sleep apnea, etc. These clinics are run by a team of internationally accredited Endocrinologists, Nutritionists, and Physiotherapists utilizing the latest research and clinical strategies. Based on their in-depth assessment, an individualized weight management plan is developed, which is mutually agreed upon by the patient, giving them options for treatment modalities including diet, physical activity, behavior change, psychological counseling, medications, and surgery.
The following services are offered at the clinic:
- Medical evaluation and lab tests to determine the root cause of weight gain
- Identification of nutrition status and fitness level
- Body composition testing (measurement of BMI, waist circumference, and percentage body fat)
- Dietary Assessment and Weight Loss Plan
- On-the-spot brief free assessment by Senior Physiotherapist
- Assessment of sleep patterns and stress level
Specialized diets by our Nutritionists can be tailored for:
- Patients at high risk, which include patients with diabetes, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Morbid Obesity with Body Mass Index (BMI) > 40, and the elderly
- Patients with nutritional deficiencies, metabolic diseases, and medical conditions due to chronic or acute disease states
If you are overweight and need to lose weight for better disease management, consult our Endocrinologists and Nutritionists at our Medical Weight Loss Clinic on the 1st Floor of Nazarali Walji Building, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Stadium Road Campus.
For appointments, call 021-111-911-911.