Department of Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at the Aga Khan University Hospital includes a vibrant team of experts, who deal with different aspects of mental health care for adults and children. They work in multidisciplinary teams of psychiatrists, psychologists, nursing staff, occupational therapists, and speech therapists, to ensure evidence-based management plans which include cultural insights. As part of the Aga Khan University Hospital, the Department collaborates with other specialties in the effort to provide comprehensive care to our patients. The Department envisions providing access to the best standards of care, advocating for mental health issues, conducting research based in Pakistan, educating about mental health difficulties, and creating leaders in mental health.
The Department of Psychiatry offers in-person clinics at the Main Campus, Clifton Medical Services, and some of our Secondary Hospitals. Tele-clinics are also offered to patients in Pakistan and elsewhere. Services include:
- Specialty clinics in child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric mental care.
- Therapy clinics offer specialized care in managing various emotional and behavioral difficulties and include family therapy, parenting help, couples therapy, and individual therapy options.
- Our Child Learning and Behavioural Clinic (CLBC) offers a collaborative assessment of children dealing with developmental difficulties such as Autism. The team includes a psychologist, a speech therapist, and an occupational therapist, all of whom can be consulted within one clinic, and one sitting.
- Testing includes cognitive testing and assessments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Speech and occupational therapy.
Patients who need emergency and inpatient services are able to receive care safely at our hospital. These include patients who are experiencing psychotic episodes, are aggressive, suicidal, or need drug detoxification. The Department of Psychiatry also offers a day-care programme for patients' rehabilitation. This programme runs from Monday to Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Request an Appointment:
Click here to request an appointment online, call to book an appointment: (021)111911911, or use our Family Hifazat APP to self-book.