Let's Defeat Breast Cancer Together
Husbands, Sons, Brothers and Fathers, support your
Wives, Mothers, Sisters and Daughters in this cause.
Pakistan has the highest incidence of Breast Cancer in Asia. An estimate of 1 in 10 women may develop Breast Cancer in their lifetime.
The Aga Khan University Hospital offers comprehensive Breast Cancer care with a multidisciplinary approach from diagnosis to survivorship, all under one roof.
The prognosis or outcome of Breast Cancer is largely dependent on the stage of disease, i.e. the smaller the tumor, the lesser the procedure/treatment necessary, lesser the cost of treatment and better the outcome and survival. It is very important to understand that early Breast Cancer usually does not cause symptom and may not be felt on self-exam or even on an exam by a professional.
Screening mammograms help in the early detection of Breast Cancer. Women are advised to get screening mammograms done every year, after the age of 40. If you have a family history of Breast Cancer or other risk factors, your doctor may advise you to get them even sooner.
How to participate and protect your loved ones:
- Take the
Online Quiz Competition and challenge your knowledge on breast cancer for a chance to WIN a gift voucher from a leading fashion brand. Please read the Consent and Terms and Conditions.
- Take advantage of our Special Offer on
Screening Mammograms for only Rs. 2,999. The offere is valid from 1st October to 31st December 2020.
- Get involved in
Pink Awareness Fridays by wearing a PINK item of clothing or accessory e.g. pink mask, pink tie, shirt, scarf, jewellery or be all dressed in pink every Friday this month. Take pictures of yourself and others, upload them
here. The best pictures will be featured on our website and social media platforms. Please read the Consent and Terms and Conditions.
- View our Health Awareness
Videos and learn more about Breast Cancer so you can help yourself and your loved ones with early detection and increased chances of making a full recovery.
- Don't miss our
Live Facebook Session with our panel of experts, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM, on 29th October 2020, on the
AKUH Facebook page.
- Avail 20% OFF on consultation with our breast surgeons at the Main Campus and Clifton Medical Centre. Use the promo code BCA20 when booking an appointment.
- Participate in the Pink Steps Challenge for Breast Cancer Screening Awareness:
- Walk 10,000 steps or more on 28 October 2020, anytime between 6:00 AM – 11:59 PM.
- Record your steps on your mobile phone or smartwatch or fitness tracker application.
- Take a screenshot and upload here.
- Meet the target of 10,000 steps or more, to be eligible for an entry into a lucky draw.
- 5 winners will get a free screening to consult with a doctor or a screening mammogram.
- The participation in this challenge is voluntary and does not hold AKUH liable for any type of loss or damage to your health and yourself.