What to Bring to the Hospital
For your stay at the Hospital, please bring the following:
- Your Registration Card, Medical Record (MR) number and your Admission Letter.
- Any relevant health reports, x-ray films, diagnostic or laboratory reports.
- Signed letter from your employer (if your organisation has an agreement or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Aga Khan University Hospital) clearly indicating the accommodation recommended.
- Any medicines that you regularly take or have been advised to take in preparation for the treatment, procedure or surgery (e.g. inhalers, eye drops, creams, lotions). These should be in their original containers.
For your ease and comfort, you may wish to consider carrying the following:
- Undergarments, nightgown and bedroom slippers.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for you to wear when you are discharged.
- Spectacles, hearing aids, dentures (please ask the nursing staff to provide you with protective containers for the dentures). Please keep these items within your reach in the room, to avoid misplacing them.
- Mobile phone and charger.
- Contact information and telephone numbers of family members and friends that you may need.
- Reading material (magazines and books).
- Small amount of cash for any purchases you wish to make from the hospital.
Please limit the number of personal items you bring to the hospital. We provide various amenities at our Hospital which include personal care items such as combs, dental kit, body lotion, soap, shampoo shaving kit, but you may wish to bring your own. Additionally, our Hospital campus has a bookstore, newsstand, and a gift shop where some personal care items can be purchased.